The Bangor School Department is continuously accepting applications for the following contracted provider positions:
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Licensed Master Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologists
- Registered Nurse Substitutes
- Licensed Professional Nurse Substitutes
- Licensed Interpreters
- Registered Interpreters
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts
- Clinical Psychologists
- Psychological Examiners
These services are required on an as needed basis throughout the school year and are contracted positions. Professional duties may include:
- Responds to evaluation referrals for students with suspected disabilities or re-evaluation of students with identified disabilities.
- Develops present level of function and an Individual Education Plan (IEP) with goals and objectives in conjunction with the IEP team when requested.
- Implements service delivery to assigned students based on the goals, objectives, frequency/duration, and placement as determined by the IEP team.
- Maintains oral and written communication with educational personnel and parents.
- Works cooperatively with educational staff to identify areas where support is needed, including adaptation strategies, consultation, and plan development.
To apply please submit a Letter of Interest, including hourly rate, and attach copies of current Maine license, proof of insurance, proof of State of Maine Criminal History Record Check completed through the Maine Department of Education, resume/vitae, three letters of reference and transcripts to: Office of Pupil Services, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401. If you have questions, please call the Office of Pupil Services at 207-992-4173.