On Wednesday, December 23, 2015, all Bangor employees and students are encouraged to wear Bangor colors: cardinal red and white.
In addition, we want to support and help those in need in our community. During the month of December we are:
- Collecting healthy non-perishable foods (see list below)
- Collecting monetary donations for the fuel assistance fund
Donations may be dropped off at any school.
We are working in partnership with the City of Bangor and CPPC. Food donations will be distributed to local food pantries and the Good Shepherd Food Bank. Money towards gallons of heating oil will be distributed through City of Bangor Health and Community Services to qualified families and individuals. Watch our video on YouTube with Melissa Huston of the Good Shepherd Food Bank and Rindy Fogler of Bangor Health and Community Services to hear about how your donations will help.
Let’s show our Bangor spirit, wear our school colors, and help those in need in our community!
Food Drive Needed Items – Think Healthy!
- Protein items such as peanut butter, canned tuna, chicken, or ham
- Healthy cereal and oatmeal
- Low sugar canned fruit
- Low salt canned vegetables
- Low salt soups, chili, baked beans
- Whole grains such as brown rice and whole wheat pasta
- Tomato/spaghetti sauce
- Powdered or shelf-stable milk
- Healthy snacks such as granola bars