Recognizing the benefits for students when schools, parents, and community partner to support student success, the Bangor School Department invites community and parents to “Coffee and Conversation” at their son’s or daughter’s school for a time of refreshment, engagement, and conversation with the principal and Superintendent Dr. Betsy Webb.
Coffee and Conversation differs from Open House or other formal events as the intent of Coffee and Conversation is to provide an informal and personalized setting for parents and community to talk with leadership on topics of interest related to the Bangor school experience.
We are excited about offering this opportunity to support community, parent, and school relationships and to spend time with you regarding a topic as important as education and the school experience.
Following is the calendar of the scheduled Coffee and Conversation and we look forward to you sharing coffee with us! Simply, note the date and time on your calendar and then call the school to indicate your participation. Notifying the school of your intention to attend will be helpful in preparing coffee and refreshments.
Parents may call their son’s or daughter’s school for additional information while community members may contact their neighborhood school.
- William S. Cohen School on Tuesday, January 5, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- Mary Snow School on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 10:00-10:45
- Abraham Lincoln School on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 from 10:00-10:45
- Fruit Street School on Thursday, January 14, 2016 from 10:00-10:45
- Bangor Regional Therapeutic Day Program on Thursday, January 21, 2016 from 7:45-8:15
- Fourteenth Street School on Friday, January 22, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- Fairmount School on Thursday, January 28, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- James F. Doughty School on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- Vine Street School on Wednesday, February 3, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- Downeast School on Friday, February 5, 2016 from 9:30-10:15
- Bangor High School on Monday, February 8, 2016 from 10:00-10:45