Registering a Student in Bangor Schools
1. Two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include: Maine driver’s license; utility receipt; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated excise tax receipt. See the Verification of Residency Form link below.
2. The physical address determines which school a child attends. Click below to view / download (PDF) the Bangor School Department, K-8 – Attendance Area Directory.
3. An original birth certificate and immunization records are required. Records must document for DPT (4 doses); polio (3 doses); MMR (1 dose); Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose required.
4. Download a Pupil Registration Form.
Parents or legal guardians of students new to the Bangor School Department are asked to make an appointment during regular school hours with the guidance counselor of the school where the student will attend.
- Download the Student Update Form for returning students Pupil Registration Form
- Download a Verification of Residency Form
Registering for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Programs
The Bangor School Department Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten registration will be held on the dates listed at the following locations:
Monday, February 6, 2017, from 4 – 7 pm
- Downeast School – 100 Moosehead Boulevard – 941-6240
- Fourteenth Street School – 224 Fourteenth Street – 941-6350
- Fruit Street School – 175 Fruit Street – 941-6270
Tuesday, February 7, 2017, from 4 – 7 pm
- Abraham Lincoln School – 45 Forest Avenue – 941-6280
- Vine Street School – 66 Vine Street – 941-6300
Please register your child at the school that he/she will attend.
Registration Information and Requirements for Pre-K and K Programs:
The Pre-kindergarten program (half day four-year-old program) is for children who will be 4 years old on or before October 15. Every effort will be made to accommodate all children wishing to participate in this program. The Pre-K program will be strongly oriented toward building literacy skills and promoting positive social interaction in a classroom setting.
The full-day Kindergarten is for children who will be 5 years old on or before October 15. Please bring the child’s original birth certificate and immunization record with you to your school’s registration session. Children should NOT accompany their parents at the time of registration. Student orientation will be held on another date. If you are unable to register on the date provided for your school, please contact the school where your child will be attending.
Besides a completed Pupil Registration Form (click download), two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include a Maine driver’s license; utility receipts; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated tax receipt. Click to download the Verification of Residency Form.
5. The physical address determines which school a child attends. Click below to view / download the Bangor School Department K-8 Attendance Area Directory.
6. An original birth certificate and immunization records (Maine Statute link) are required. Records must document for DPT (4 doses); polio (3 doses); MMR (1 dose); Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose required.
Non-residents may attend Bangor schools as Tuition Students.