Bangor High School sophomores, juniors, and seniors sat for AP Exams over two weeks in May, the results of which show another year of exceptional achievement on this nationally-standardized set of exams:
- 181 students took a total of 472 AP Exams
- 90% of BHS students enrolled in an AP course sat for the exam
- Students sat for an average of 2.6 tests per test taker
- 81% of BHS test takers earned a score of 3 or higher, compared to 59.9% in Maine and 57.5% in the nation
- 51% of BHS test takers earned a score of 4 or higher
- BHS means test score was 3.48 out of 5 available points, compared to the Maine mean test score of 2.86
A score of 3 or higher on an AP exam puts the student in position to earn college credit at hundreds of colleges and universities, making the commitment to AP a valuable investment in post-secondary learning for BHS students.