The Bangor School Department and Bangor Public Health Department are cosponsoring a “Catch-Up” Immunization Clinic for students and Flu Shot Clinic for students, parents, and staff. The Clinic will be held at the following times and locations:
- Friday, October 9, 2020 from 3:00 – 6:00 at Cohen School Gymnasium, 304 Garland Street (941-6230)
- Friday, October 16, 2020 from 3:00 – 6:00 at Doughty School Cafeteria, 143 Fifth Street (941-6220)
- Friday, October 23, 2020 from 2:00 – 5:00 at Downeast School Gymnasium, 100 Moosehead Blvd (941-6240)
For parents/guardians and staff who will be receiving a flu shot, please make sure to complete the insurance portion of the Influenza Vaccine Form or have your insurance card with you. Public Health Nurses will bill Anthem, Cigna, Harvard Pilgrim and MCHO for the cost of the vaccine. If you do not have insurance or an insurance provider is not approved for billing, flu shots will be available at little to no cost to you. Please call the Bangor Public Health office at 992-4530 for more information regarding costs.
For students, the flu vaccine and catch up vaccines will be provided at no charge to all students. Parents are asked to complete the insurance information, as an administration fee is billable to the same four insurances listed above. Parents/guardians must accompany students to the clinic.
Please wear a face covering on school grounds when you come to receive the vaccine; if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. Please know that the area will be sanitized between each client while the clinic is going on. Signs will be posted directing you to the specific school entrance for the clinic.
To reserve your space at the clinic, call the school to let them know how many family members will be attending and your approximate time of arrival. If your child is in need of a “Catch-Up” vaccine, please inform the school which vaccine is needed. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school nurse.
- Abraham Lincoln School; 941-6280; Erika Wing
- Bangor Regional Program; 992-4741; Irma Streams
- Bangor High School; 992-5500; Heather Haskins
- Downeast School; 941-6240; Suzanne Houghton
- Fairmount School; 941-6260; Suzanne Houghton
- Fourteenth Street School; 941-6350; Erika Wing
- Fruit Street School; 941-6270; Erika Wing
- James F. Doughty School; 941-6220; Irma Streams
- Mary Snow School; 941-6290; Ashley Kelley
- Vine Street School; 941-6300; Irma Streams
- William S. Cohen School; 941-6230; Ashley Kelley
Patti Rapaport, Director of Pupil Services