Good evening, this is Kathy Harris-Smedberg, Interim Superintendent of the Bangor School Department. I am reaching out to let you know that additional cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today at Bangor High School and Fairmount School. All people in close contact with those infected have been notified individually.
As a result of these confirmed cases, Bangor High School has moved to remote learning until Dec. 7. Fairmount School will require no changes at this time, with students able to attend in person Monday, Nov. 30.
Bangor High School students may pick up meals Nov. 30 to Dec. 4 at the following locations:
Deliveries will be at 11:30 a.m. Please call Bangor High School to sign up for meals.
We will continue to monitor all schools, and we thank families for contacting us promptly when a positive case is identified. Please note, the CDC reports cases are on the rise in Maine. To reduce the spread of the virus, please:
- Wear your mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home while you’re sick and avoid close contact with others.
- For more information go to: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus/data.shtml or call 211.
If you are traveling this holiday or have visitors, please visit this site for information: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus/travel.shtml
Please stay safe and cherish time with those you love.
Kathy Harris-Smedberg, Ph.D.
Interim Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent of Schools