February 10, 2021
Good morning, this is Kathy Harris-Smedberg, Interim Superintendent of the Bangor School Department. Unfortunately, I am reaching out because BHS has an additional confirmed case, increasing the number of close contacts. A Bangor School Nurse or school representative will be reaching out to all close contacts today.
I recognize that we are all tired of this virus and the effects it is having on our lives. However, we need to be diligent in stopping it from spreading.
Please help by:
· Wearing a face mask when out of your home
· Practicing physical distancing (keep at least six feet apart)
· Practicing good hygiene (wash your hands, cover coughs and sneezes, avoid touching face)
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
· Staying home when you are sick or show any symptoms
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
· Taking care of yourself: eat healthy, exercise, stay current with vaccinations
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 include:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school. For general COVID-19 questions, dial 211 (or 1-866-811-5695). You can also text your ZIP code to 898-211 or email email@example.com. Call a health care provider for questions about your symptoms. More information can be found at www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus or www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.