We have recently received notification of at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person at Bangor High School. A Bangor School Nurse or school representative will be reaching out to all close contacts today. Due to the high number of close contacts, Bangor High School will move to remote learning through April 5. Students and staff will return to in person learning Tuesday, April 6.
We have found when we stay consistent with safety procedures, the number of confirmed cases goes down. Please help stop the spread of the virus by:
· Wearing a face mask when out of your home
· Practicing physical distancing (keep at least six feet apart)
· Practicing good hygiene (wash your hands, cover coughs and sneezes, avoid touching face)
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
· Staying home when you are sick or show any symptoms
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
· Taking care of yourself: eating healthy, exercising, staying current with vaccinations
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 include:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school. For general COVID-19 questions, dial 211 (or 1-866-811-5695). You can also text your ZIP code to 898-211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Call a health care provider for questions about your symptoms. More information can be found at www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus or www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Please also know that I sincerely appreciate your help and patience during these very unusual times. As always, be safe and be well.