April 6, 2021
We have recently received notification of at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person at Fairmount School. A Bangor School Nurse or school representative will be reaching out to all close contacts today. The Fairmount School will move to remote learning until April 12. Most students and staff may return Monday, April 12 unless they have been identified as needing to quarantine for a longer time. Technology will be available to be picked up tomorrow, Wednesday, April 7.
Unfortunately, COVID-19 has not yet been eradicated. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you.
· Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitor your health daily.
· Stay home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.
Thank you for your help and please be safe and be well.