April 7, 2021
We have recently received notification of at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person impacting students and staff at 14th Street School and Fairmount School. A Bangor School Nurse or school representative will be reaching out to all close contacts today. At this time the 14th Street School will remain open for in person learning. Fairmount School will remain remote for the remainder of the week and return to in person learning Monday, April 12.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school. For general COVID-19 questions, dial 211 (or 1-866-811-5695). You can also text your ZIP code to 898-211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Call a health care provider for questions about your symptoms. More information can be found at www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus or www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you.
· Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitor your health daily.
· Stay home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
Please stay safe and be well.