April 26, 2021 (updated at 6:17 p.m.)
We have recently received notification of an additional confirmed case of COVID-19 in students or staff at Fairmount School.
Unfortunately, there are close contacts who will need to quarantine. A Bangor School Nurse or school representative will be reaching out to all close contacts today.
Please stay home if you are sick or show symptoms.
All Bangor schools remain open.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you.
· Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitor your health daily.
· Stay home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
If you traveled over vacation, please follow the Maine Travel Guidance found at: https://www.maine.gov/doe/sites/maine.gov.doe/files/inline-files/Travel%20Guide%204.8.21.pdf
Please help to keep our students and staff safe by following safety procedures and precautions. Thank you.
Please stay safe and be well.