May 17, 2021
We have recently received notification of at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in students or staff at Bangor High School. If you or your child have been identified as having been potentially exposed, a school representative will contact you this evening. A Bangor nurse will follow up with families tomorrow and will provide you with more information regarding what you will need to do.
Cases continue to pop up. Please help students finish strong by:
· Getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you.
· Wearing a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Cleaning your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
· Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitoring your health daily.
· Staying home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
As always, thank you for your help and support – please stay safe and be well.