May 19, 2021
We have recently received notification of at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in students or staff at Fruit Street School. If you or your child have been identified as having been potentially exposed, a Bangor nurse or school representative will contact you today and will provide you with more information regarding what you will need to do. Fruit Street School will remain open.
Please help students finish the year strong by:
· Getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it’s available to you.
· Wearing a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Cleaning your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
· Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitoring your health daily.
· Staying home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
Also, a reminder that JFDS and WSCS will be offering vaccinations at the schools this Friday for students and staff.
As always, thank you for your help and support – please stay safe and be well.
Kathy Harris-Smedberg, Interim Superintendent of Bangor Schools