May 25, 2021
We have recently received notification of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in students or staff at Bangor High School and James F. Doughty School. If you or your child have been identified as having been potentially exposed, a Bangor nurse or school representative will contact you today and will provide you with more information regarding what you will need to do.
Please help stop the spread of COVID-19. Cases are coming from outside of the schools, which makes staying home when you are sick so important. I want all schools to end the year strong – in person. Our success remaining open depends on you. Please know I appreciate your help and patience, and recognize the many struggles this pandemic has caused.
Please help by:
· Getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
· Wearing a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Staying at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you.
· Avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Cleaning your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
· Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitoring your health daily.
· Staying home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have further questions, please reach out to your child’s school nurse or administrator.
Stay safe and be well.