Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Registration
If you missed the registration day in February, you can still register your child for PreK or Kindergarten next year. Please contact the school where your child will be attending to ask about registering.
Registering a Student in Bangor Schools
1. Two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include: Maine driver’s license; utility receipt; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated excise tax receipt. See the Verification of Residency Form link below.
2. The physical address determines which school a child attends. Click below to view / download (PDF) the Bangor School Department, K-8 – Attendance Area Directory.
3. An original birth certificate and immunization records are required. Records must document for DPT (4 doses); polio (3 doses); MMR (1 dose); Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose required.
4. Download a Student Registration Form.
Parents or legal guardians of students new to the Bangor School Department are asked to make an appointment during regular school hours with the guidance counselor of the school where the student will attend.
Registering for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Programs
Please register your child at the school that he/she will attend. Refer to the attendance directory link or call any school if you do not know which school serves your neighborhood.
The prekindergarten program (half day four-year-old program) is for children who will be 4 years old on or before October 15. Every effort will be made to accommodate all children wishing to participate in this program. The PreK program will be strongly oriented toward building literacy skills and promoting positive social interaction in a classroom setting.
The full-day kindergarten is for children who will be 5 years old on or before October 15. Please bring the child’s original birth certificate and immunization record with you to your school’s registration session. Children should NOT accompany their parents at the time of registration. Student orientation will be held on another date. If you are unable to register on the date provided for your school, please contact the school where your child will be attending.
Besides a completed Student Registration Form (click download), two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include a Maine driver’s license; utility receipts; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated tax receipt. Click to download the Verification of Residency Form.
5. The physical address determines which school a child attends. Click the Bangor School Department K-8 Attendance Area Directory link above.
6. An original birth certificate and immunization records (Maine Statute link) are required. Records must document for DPT (4 doses); polio (3 doses); MMR (1 dose); Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose required.
Non-residents may attend Bangor schools as Tuition Students.