Registering for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Programs
Bangor School Department prekindergarten (PreK) and kindergarten registration will be held on the dates listed at the following locations:
Tuesday, February 7, 2023, from 4pm – 6pm
- Downeast School – 100 Moosehead Boulevard – 941-6240
- Fourteenth Street School – 224 Fourteenth Street – 941-6350
- Abraham Lincoln School – 45 Forest Avenue – 941-6280
Thursday, February 9, 2023, from 4pm – 6pm
- Fruit Street School – 175 Fruit Street – 941-6270
- Vine Street School – 66 Vine Street – 941-6300
Please register your child at the school that he/she will attend. Refer to the attendance directory or call any school if you do not know which school serves your neighborhood.
To request a virtual appointment please phone your local school to make this request.
The full-day prekindergarten program is strongly oriented toward building literacy skills and promoting positive social interaction in a classroom setting. This program is for children who are 4 years old on or before October 15, 2023. Students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. However, all PreK students need to complete a PreK screening, which will be offered at multiple times throughout the summer. PreK students will need the PreK screening in order to be enrolled in school. Students not screened by the last screening in August will forfeit their classroom spot. Enrollment is limited. .
The full-day kindergarten is for children 5 years old on or before October 15, 2023. Please bring the child’s original birth certificate, immunization record, and two proofs of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, tax bill, etc.) with you on February 7 or 9, 2023. Children should NOT accompany their parents at the time of registration. Student orientation will be held on another date. If you are unable to register on the date listed, please contact the school where your child will be attending by February 9, 2023.
You may download the Pre K-K Registration Packet 2023-2024
In addition to the forms in the registration packet, please provide the following information:
Two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include a Maine driver’s license; utility receipts; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated tax receipt.
An original birth certificate
Separation agreement, divorce judgement, or parental rights and responsibilities judgement or a court order identifying residence of the child.
Registering a Transfer Student in Bangor Schools
1. Two forms of proof of residency are required for registration. These include: Maine driver’s license; utility receipt; dated real estate tax bill; dated rental / lease agreement; dated excise tax receipt. See the Verification of Residency Form link below.
2. The physical address determines which school a child attends. Click below to view / download (PDF) the Bangor School Department, K-8 – Attendance Area Directory.
3. An original birth certificate and immunization records are required. Records must document for DPT (4 doses); polio (3 doses); MMR (1 dose); Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose required.
Parents or legal guardians of students new to the Bangor School Department are asked to make an appointment during regular school hours with the guidance counselor of the school where the student will attend.
Non-residents may attend Bangor schools as Tuition Students.